Who says that you have to wait for next year’s Valentine’s Day to enjoy a good romantic movie with the apple of your eyes? Any good movie will always be timeless, much more the cars that are featured in them. Here’s our round-up of several movies that we believe to be more than just feel-good ones. They may sort of missed the mark in being top grossing, but more than, they will always be remembered for the classic cars that graced them.
- “Pretty Woman” with its 1989 Lotus Esprit SE.
There is no doubt that the Lotus Esprit is one sleek and sexy car. Much more if behind the wheel is ‘Pretty Woman’ Julia Roberts.
- The 1997 “Titanic” featuring a 1912 Renault Type CB
Who can forget that ‘steamy’ scene between DiCaprio and Winslet inside a vintage 1912 Renault? It is proof that even during the early days, some couples prefer the back seat of their cars.
- I hope you haven’t forgotten this 1973 Volkswagen Thing from “Fifty First Dates”
Pair a pretty girl with a severe short-term memory loss and a guy who is absolutely crazy over her, than you really have something to look forward to, especially if the girl rides on an exotic 1973 Volkswagen Thing.
- Lane Myers’ drag racing 1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 in “Better Off Dead”
What better way to kickstart a romantic relationship than having the girl of your dreams fine tune your ’67 RS/SS 350 Camaro.
- Love is timeless as demonstrated by “Harold and Maude” and their 1965 Jaguar XK-E Hearse 4.2 series.
Harold and Maude is a romantic story that sticks in your head long after you’ve seen the movie. The unusual love relationship between a disillusioned and suicidal 20 year old, and an 80 something eccentric but lively lady is interesting enough in itself. Much more when circumstances led to meet in a funeral, with an E-type Jaguar turned into a funeral hearse.
- “When Harry Met Sally”, and they fell in love while inside a 1976 Toyota Corona Station Wagon
With less than 100hp, the ’76 Toyota Corona Station Wagon is the perfect cruise for Harry and Sally to know each better.
- Being bitten by the “The Love Bug”, and falling for this 1963 Volkswagen Beetle Herbie
This loveable Beetle took America by storm in 1968. More of a “man-loves-car” movie, #53 Herbie is just too cool of a Volkswagen to be left out.
- Be swept away by the darker side of “True Romance” while cruising in a Porsche 911 Flachbau Cabriolet.
There’s not too much Porsche 911 Flachbau Cabriolet on the roads nowadays, but for Tarantino’s incredibly dark and gothic “True Romance,” the flatnose drop-top is the perfect getaway vehicle.
- Riding in style with Danny’s Greased Lightning – a 1948 Ford De Luxe featured in the movie “Grease”.
The Grease Lightning is seen most of the time as the vehicle of choice of buddies Danny and Kenickie in their efforts to outwit the leader of the rival Scorpion gang and their 1949 Mercury Custom. It’s interesting to note though that Danny didn’t take Sandy for a ride in his classic Ford De Luxe.
- This 1958 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia is a lady’s life saver in “Pretty in Pink”.
Featured above is Andie, the heroine from 1986 cult classic, ‘Pretty in Pink’. She is seen throughout the film in this Volkswagen Karmann Ghia.